Quezada Architecture, a multi-disciplinary design firm based in San Francisco, is currently seeking qualified candidates to join our diverse and talented team. Our work spans a wide range of sectors including commercial, residential, and health & wellness. Our ideal candidates are creative, collaborative, self-motivated, positive and flexible, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must have both the requisite experience and a passion for progressive/modern design, exceptional design sensibility and are very organized. Oh, and a good sense of humor is mandatory!
Interior Designer / Architect
The Interior Architect / Designer will work closely with senior staff to design and document the concept, layout, finishes, furniture and equipment for projects, as well as work on visualizing spaces for internal and client review. We are looking for someone who is creative, articulate, organized, and responsible with experience in high-end commercial office interiors and hospitality. Experience in retail, multi-family residential and other sectors is also valued.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture Program.
3-10 years of related experience working in a design studio in a similar position.
Qualifications, Skills and Software
Hand sketching skills
Familiarity with Building Codes and ADA
Familiarity with modern furniture lines, desking solutions, and finish vendors
Revit 2019 (mandatory)
MS Office (mandatory)
Adobe InDesign & Photoshop (mandatory)
Enscape and V-Ray rendering skills
Collaborating with team in the design conceptualization and development of the project through hand sketches, SketchUp or Revit models and Adobe Creative Suite tools.
Assisting the team with space planning and furniture layouts
Selecting finishes for review and use in project
Developing graphics for custom carpets, fabrics and print media
Preparing project presentation materials such as boards, books, PowerPoints, and 3D mockups
Attending client meetings to present design concepts
Assisting in sub-consultant coordination as it pertains to interior design to maintain the integrity of the design intent
Developing and maintaining vendor relationships to develop sources for project materials
Assembling information from vendors and entering information into specification forms
Documenting finishes on construction documents and specifications
Construction Administration duties including answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and leading site observations
Other responsibilities as assigned
If you do not fit ALL of the above criteria, please do not apply. Please forward a PDF of your resume and portfolio via e-mail to the address listed above. Evidence of proficiency and portfolio will be reviewed.
Architectural Project Manager
Quezada Architecture, a multi-disciplinary design firm based in San Francisco, is currently seeking qualified candidates to join our diverse and talented team.Our work spans a wide range of sectors including commercial workplace design,hospitality, high- end residential, and health/wellness. Our ideal candidates are creative, collaborative, self-motivated, positive and flexible, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must have both the requisite experience and a passion for progressive/modern design, exceptional design sensibility and graphic skills, and a healthy sense of humor.
We are searching for a motivated and detail-oriented individual with leadership skills who wants to be involved in all phases of a project, from concept design to construction administration.
• Architecture or Engineering Bachelor Degree required
• Master of Architecture degree preferred
• California State Architectural licensure preferred, but not required
• 5+ years of direct project management
• Experience with both core and shell architecture and commercial TI a bonus but not mandatory
Qualifications, Skills and Software
• Experience in drafting proposals and fees
• Proactive approach to timely problem solving
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Active management of client budgets, schedules and programs
• Proficiency in Bluebeam Studio and MS Office (Word and Excel)
• Working knowledge of Revit and CAD
• Basic knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
• Smartsheet (not required)
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Manage and coordinate sub-consultants on projects
• Manage deliverables for all phases
• Maintain relationships with clients and demonstrate leadership in all aspects of project including but not limited to management, design and technical components
• Review and implement QA / QC protocol
• Oversee assignment of tasks for respective design team members
• Coach, mentor and provide performance-enhancing feedback of design team
• Coordinate with BIM Manager to schedule deliverables
• Keep current with software upgrades
• Attend client presentations and meetings, create/ update task lists and agendas to disperse to entire team in timely manner
• Submit expense reports and review and approve/ reject respective team expenses
• Create and maintain project schedule and project directory
• Work with marketing to create project descriptions and information to update Web Flow database and update when necessary
• Track project fee and expenses and request regular reports to ensure we are within budget
• Write service agreements, task orders, and additional services to review with principal-in-charge
• Schedule weekly/regular meetings with team and BIM manager to strategize for next round of deliverables
• Establish productive working relationships with clients, team members,consultants and government agencies
• Initiate team performance reviews in conjunction with principal in charge
All work is to be done on premises in our San Francisco office.
Applicants MUST be currently located in the United States, reside in the San Francisco Bay Area and hold a valid US passport, green card, or work visa. If you do not fit all of the above criteria, please do not apply.
Please forward a PDF of your resume and portfolio (optional) via e-mail to the address listed above. Evidence of proficiency and portfolio, if applicable, will be reviewed.
QA is a medium-ish design firm working on large, high profile projects in SF. You will be part of a fun, high-energy and smart team dedicated to advancing great design. QA offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, and chiropractic care as well as 401k and long term disability coverage. We enjoy what we do and we enjoy doing it together!
All work is to be done on premises in our San Francisco office. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Applicants MUST be currently residing in the United States and hold a valid US passport, green card, or work visa. If you do not fit ALL of the job criteria, please do not apply.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and / or a link to your portfolio.
Please no phone calls.