Quezada Architecture, a multi-disciplinary, women- and minority-owned boutique design firm with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, is currently seeking qualified candidates to join our diverse and talented team. We are passionate about creating thoughtful, beautiful, and healthy environments for our clients with exciting and unique projects in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii. Our work spans a wide range of sectors including commercial workplace design, hospitality, high-end residential, retail, and health/wellness.
Our ideal candidates are creative, collaborative, self-motivated, organized, positive and flexible, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must have both the requisite experience and a passion for modern design, exceptional design sensibility and graphic skills, and a healthy sense of humor.
Senior Architectural Project Manager
Senior Architectural Project Manager / Design Manager
Our ideal candidates for a Senior Project Manager are creative, collaborative, organized, self-motivated, positive and flexible, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must have both the requisite experience and a passion for progressive/modern design, exceptional design sensibility and graphic skills, and a healthy sense of humor.
We are searching for a motivated and detail-oriented individual with leadership skills who wants to be involved in all phases of a project, from concept design to construction administration.
- Architecture Bachelor Degree required
- Master of Architecture degree preferred
- California State Architectural licensure preferred, but not required
- 8+ years of direct project management
- Experience with both core and shell architecture and commercial TI a bonus but not mandatory
Qualifications, Skills and Software
- Experience in drafting proposals and fees
- Ability to manage design and team to a budget
- Proactive approach to timely problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Active management of client budgets, schedules and programs
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Studio and MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Working knowledge of Revit and CAD
- Basic knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- Deliver client delight and satisfaction
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage and coordinate sub-consultants on projects
- Manage team deliverables for all phases
- Manage and track project fee and expenses and request regular reports to ensure we are within budget
- Maintain relationships with clients and demonstrate leadership in all aspects of project including but not limited to management, design and technical components
- Review and implement QA / QC protocol
- Oversee assignment of tasks for respective design team members
- Coach, mentor and provide performance-enhancing feedback of design team
- Coordinate with BIM Manager to schedule deliverables
- Keep current with software upgrades
- Attend client presentations and meetings, create/ update task lists and agendas to disperse to entire team in timely manner
- Submit expense reports and review and approve/ reject respective team expenses
- Create and maintain project schedule and project directory
- Work with marketing to create project descriptions and information to update Web Flow database and update when necessary
- Write service agreements, task orders, and additional services to review with principal in charge
- Schedule weekly/regular meetings with team and BIM manager to strategize for next round of deliverables
- Establish productive working relationships with clients, team members, consultants and government agencies
- Initiate team performance reviews in conjunction with principal in charge
We are currently implementing a hybrid work situation (2 days in the office) with 4 nine-hour days and a four-hour day on Friday. Applicants MUST be currently located in the United States, ideally reside in the San Francisco Bay Area and hold a valid US passport, green card, or work visa. If you do not fit all of the above criteria, please do not apply.
Please forward a PDF of your resume and portfolio to our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. Evidence of proficiency and portfolio, if applicable, will be reviewed.
You will be part of a fun, high-energy, diverse and smart team dedicated to advancing great design and supporting our communities. We whole-heartedly believe in a healthy work-life balance and take measures to care for each other. QA offers a wide range of benefits including health, dental, vision, mental health support, and chiropractic care, as well as matching 401k plan and long-term disability benefits. We value mentorship and career advancement by reimbursing ARE exam fees, licensure fees, and AIA dues. We also pay for professional organization dues to encourage our staff to be engaged in the broader design community. We enjoy what we do and we enjoy doing it together!
Work is currently being performed in a hybrid mode with 3 days in office and 2 days remote if located in San Francisco. Los Angeles employees have the option to work in our Factory Place office and attend bi-monthly collaborative sessions with the rest of the LA team as it grows. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants MUST be currently located in the United States, reside in the San Francisco Bay or Los Angeles area, and hold a valid US passport, green card, or work visa. If you do not fit all of the above criteria, please do not apply.
Please forward a PDF of your resume and portfolio via e-mail to the address listed below. Evidence of proficiency and portfolio will be reviewed.
Email email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio.
No phone calls, please.